• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is this Vodafone offer worth it....?

I'd wait until the SIM-free Sensation is out and then see what you can get on the other networks
I would do that if it was for myself but this is for someone else and they want me to find them a phone sooner rather than later.
Wait a month, bound to be more attractive deals when it hits other networks. Also, what makes you think the data allowance would be increased?
I got my data allowance increased through Voda a few weeks ago and other people have had similar success. You just tell them it's not enough and they'll increase it for free.

Upvote 0
Hi Saki.
Make sure you get a good 3g/h signal in your area. Im on vodafone as a new customer my t-mobile contract runs out in 3 months but it has a far better signal than my vodafone. there are alot of complaints about poor internet signals for the sensation and and im not convinced its the sensation thats at fault. If you are signing up to a 24 month contract then be aware that you have 7 days to return the phone. Go for the best deal you can get. there are a few good third party deals online.

try here
HTC Sensation - HTC Mobile Phones at BuyMobilePhones.net

Upvote 0
Hi Saki.
Make sure you get a good 3g/h signal in your area. Im on vodafone as a new customer my t-mobile contract runs out in 3 months but it has a far better signal than my vodafone. there are alot of complaints about poor internet signals for the sensation and and im not convinced its the sensation thats at fault. If you are signing up to a 24 month contract then be aware that you have 7 days to return the phone. Go for the best deal you can get. there are a few good third party deals online.

try here
HTC Sensation - HTC Mobile Phones at BuyMobilePhones.net
Thanks. That

Upvote 0
If it's T-Mob it'll be capped at 500Mb @ 350Kbs regardles of what they say.
Pop over to teh T-mob forums and you shoudl be able to get this confirmed, I would eat my hat if they say in writting that it is unlimited.

It is unlimited, however at 500MB they will block streaming and downloading. Web browsing is unaffected and you can continue to surf. No one is really clear how this works. E.g. if they just allow http/https traffic and block anything else, how they stop you downloading using http, etc. so it's unlimited but it's not really. You will be limited to 3G speed though, as you say, and as no one really makes the distinction between 3G and 3G+, it causes a lot of issues with people claiming they get slow speeds.

Personally, I'd avoid T-Mobile unless you buy direct and get their booster package to get full HSDPA/3G+ speeds. Buying direct may get you this included, buying from a third party won't. It used to be called Web and Walk Plus, not sure what they say it is now.

Upvote 0
An interesting post here from the T-Mobile twitter team that does admit there is a data speed cap for phones not bought from T-Mobile direct. Of course, they are doing nothing wrong, as they say, as they don't advertise speeds, just '3G' which you get. Still, I'm not aware of any other network that does this, and most consumers won't know the difference.

They have just removed the Web'n'Walk packages and renamed them. Not sure what they call the one with the increased speed though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones