• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root is unrooting the same for gingerbread root method?

if anybody knows please respond and if theres a new way can you give a link or something

nothing confirmed yet. on unrooting. i know unrevoked s-on will not work. but i read someplace(xda) that you can just run a stock ruu and you should be good. it might not give you s-on but i think it is ok to take it in at that point. here is the stock ruu: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service. this will give you a stock rom and a sock recovery(which you will not have access to), but i do no believe that it will give you s-on. i doubt that sprint will care anyways especially if you have a stock recovery.

Upvote 0
okay thank you very much. so i would just flash this?
out of curiosity why do you want to unroot?
nope this one is installed via hboot. you need to rename the file to PC36IMG no zips as windows hides extensions. put it on the root of the card (no folders). power off then press and hold power+vol down. select yes to update. and reboot

Upvote 0
hey i realize this conservation was a while ago, but i dont want to fully unroot unroot my phone. so could i still flash this file you gave me and it work? because im giving this phone to my mom so i dont want her to have it rooted regardless if it says soff, just a stock rom with no super user app incase she has to take it in.

Upvote 0
hey i realize this conservation was a while ago, but i dont want to fully unroot unroot my phone. so could i still flash this file you gave me and it work? because im giving this phone to my mom so i dont want her to have it rooted regardless if it says soff, just a stock rom with no super user app incase she has to take it in.
If you go to the rom and kernel sticky there is the stock sense rom. also the instructions to unroot if you want will ne under the rooting for dummys thread

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones