• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Verizon Tech Support Really This Bad?

It's a sign of poor or non-existent training, or as someone suggested in another thread, maybe they do know better, but they're just following directives from above (where they don't know better).

I imagine there are some users manually killing tasks, who spend enough time doing so that keeping the display on for that purpose uses more battery power than the tasks they are trying to kill. It's like driving from station to station looking for the cheapest gas, only to find that what little savings you realized at the pump doesn't cover the cost of the gas used in the process.

Upvote 0
I am having recent issues with my original Droid and it having reboots. The VZ tech took one look at the phone and told me I recently (more like 6 weeks ago) update to 2.2 and did not perform a hard reset which is mandatory after any upgrade. I asked him what the hard reset process is and was inform it was a complete wipe. I could not believe that after each system upgrade you need to wipe your phone and restore it, two days later I am was still experiencing the issue and had to stop at another store who ordered me a replacement phone.

The certified replacement phone arrived and after powering it on and syncing it Google it started to freeze and required a battery pull. Taking it to a different store in a frozen state the tech saw it frozen and pulled the battery and put it back in after it reboot he told me it was fine. I explained to him it was freezing up and unstable and while he was playing with the phone it froze up again. He told me it was software and took it out back to re-image it only to bring it back and have it freeze up again. A second tier tech came out to me to tell me that it was freezing up due to an incompatible application with 2.2 which I downloaded. I tried to explain to him I have not yet installed any apps and finally got him to agree to order a new phone. Total time at the store last night 2 hours only to have to wait two more days for a replacement, Verizon is dropping the ball with customer support.

Upvote 0
vzw techs arent techs at all. they are bumbs my first droid1 replacement wouldn't boot up, the lady said pull out the battery (even when i said i tried that 50 times) and put it back in and try to boot it up. obviously it wont work if i tried work! then she said she just give me another replacement. she was such a ******!

for my third refurb the power button sunk in and only works after a ton of extreme push. the guy tells me to pull out the battery after i finally got it on and try it again then gets frustrated with me because it wouldnt come back on when i told him its extremely hard to get it on. i just said are you stupid? what did i just tell you? i swear how did you get that job and i hung up.
they are so depended on pulling out the battery! they dont know anything. they dont know that task killers arent good for android.

at least there are some good ones out there. like the ones who gave me a droid when i had 4 eris refurbs and a droid2 when i had like 8 droids.

Upvote 0
It's a sign of poor or non-existent training, or as someone suggested in another thread, maybe they do know better, but they're just following directives from above (where they don't know better).

I imagine there are some users manually killing tasks, who spend enough time doing so that keeping the display on for that purpose uses more battery power than the tasks they are trying to kill. It's like driving from station to station looking for the cheapest gas, only to find that what little savings you realized at the pump doesn't cover the cost of the gas used in the process.

Also a sign that verizon just does not know much of anything about the products they sale.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones