1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

is walmart evil?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ocnbrze, Mar 27, 2013.

1. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

I wonder how much everyone's opinion of Walmart depends on the local culture where each particular store is located. I mean, a Walmart experience in SE Georgia is probably different than in NJ, which is different than one in Arkansas, etc. Also when did that particular walmart open in relation to the economy of that local area? If it was the store responsible for killing off a number of locally owned stores, it's probably got more negatives than one that opened as the 18th big box store in the area. :p

As far as the recent conversation, I personally don't think walmart was founded with the intent of exploiting cheap overseas labor to put local mom and pops out of business. It was originally founded to be a one stop shop, and it succeeded because the customers approved of it via their wallets. In fact it originally tried to stock American made products :p

Other things walmart does makes me doubt that they are evil. They now leave their stores open all day thanksgiving, doing away with the door busting stampede that is still prevalent at other stores, after seeing the dangers of it (first hand, unfortunately). And little known, they have used their logistics info in natural disasters to more efficiently provide assistance quicker than even the government. (ie Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy).

ocnbrze likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. huh

huh Android Expert

yes.....Walmart is evil

Speed Daemon likes this.
  3. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Android Expert

Great! We have our answer. Now this thread can end. *hint* *hint*

4. Skyroket

Skyroket Android Enthusiast

Evil it is end of discussion.

5. saptech

saptech Android Expert

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

Companies moving back for lower energy costs.

Will get interesting.