1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Is Yahoo Mail acting weird on your phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Darren Donovan, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Darren Donovan

For the last couple weeks, I haven't been able to delete messages from any of my Yahoo accounts, predictably. Used to be that I'd select (not open the message) a message by putting a check mark in the box to the left of the message, then tap on the trash can icon. Now, doing that doesn't seem to work everytime. Sometimes it still works. Usually, the message still remains after I tapped the trash can icon. If I want to delete a message, I'd have to open it (by tapping on the name of the message), then delete. I've already uninstalled/re-installed Yahoo Mail.
    Thanks,

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Funny you'd bring that up. I don't use Yahoo Mail on my phone, but I did see a "ticket" posted at another forum by an iPhone user who described similar issues as you are describing, and saying it's intermittent as well.

Must be a Yahoo problem. Maybe.

Meanwhile, have you tried clearing cache and data in Yahoo in the Application Manager, resetting your info after a power down/up?

3. Lateck

Lateck Android Enthusiast

On my Note 2, Yahoos mail is slow....... But on my ASUS tablet, it has issues......

Lateck,

4. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

I wasn't able to delete yahoo mail on my phone since I had an HTC Evo 4G. :what:

I think it's not isolated to the N2.

Sent using the force

5. missy brown

missy brown Well-Known Member

My yahoo is always acting strange that why I have the yahoo mail app and the regular mail app my issue is it always fails to log me in that's the error it gives me I think it's yahoo.

6. NeuDroid

NeuDroid Well-Known Member

Happens on my N2. Happens on my coworkers S3. I already closed one Yahoo account and sm in the process of changing stuff over to finally close my other. Sticking with gmail, I'm fed up with this issue not only on my N2 but also on my iPad.

7. Captain53

Captain53 Member

Yahoo mail is acting strange on everything including my computer. I think Yahoo has improved it to the point of destruction. I have had a Yahoo Mail app upgrade sitting for a month or so because the last one they offered really screwed it up. Would luv to find a great email service and Gmail is sure not it.

8. Wiley_11

Wiley_11 Android Enthusiast

I'm *weaning* myself off Yahoo. :D

9. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

I'm only using my yahoo for bulk (spam) registration purposes. My Gmail account is for contacts. And I won't use yahoo until they fix this bug.

Sent using the force

10. Mikewen07

Mikewen07 Lurker

My problem with my email..yahoo and gmail i cannot log out? Is there a way that i can do that? My phone is samsung galaxy s3. Thanks

11. AshtonDurkhun

AshtonDurkhun Member

Either I'm very lucky or it's a version issue. my iPhone uses the built-in mail app for Yahoo and it works fine for deleting (though sometimes when I read mail my webmail shows it as unread) likewise on my tablet/phone (Note 10.1 and note 2 respectivly) I've not had a problem.

However, if I downloaded the mail, deleted it while offline, and didn't re-open the app and choose "check for mail" after I was back online, it didn't sync sometimes. I'd suggest to try deleting the mail, closing the app, reopening it, and checking for new mail, then seeing if the messages were properly handled by Yahoo. (If that doesnt work... well... sorry, only Idea I have @_@)

12. dave1812

dave1812 Android Enthusiast

only issue for me is that for the last few weeks the Spam folder message count is missing, in the folder pane. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, deleting data, etc. still doesn't work. I emailed yahoo but they havent responded.