1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is Yahoo spammy

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Raniyah, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Raniyah

Raniyah Newbie

I have a Yahoo email account I've been using for several years. I still use it but seems to be too spammy. I receive a vast number of unknown emails. Do your accounts (if still active) also behave like this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

that's like any email client.

Xavier Black and MrJavi like this.
  3. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

Really spammy, had two for several years, decided to break up with them around in 2018. :)

4. Logan James

Logan James Lurker

No from my end.

5. Raniyah

Raniyah Newbie

I receive a number of emails saying fund transferring, donations, and many more related banks and finance. Really bothersome. Both my inbox and spam box are getting full of these junk emails

MrJavi likes this.
  6. Milo Willamson

Go with gmail, much better at blocking spams :)

7. bambaleilo

bambaleilo Lurker

Me too. How do these people get your email though? Mine it's brand new and I have a lot of spam messages.

Milo Willamson likes this.
  8. Milo Willamson

Yeah when I first got my yahoo email, several years ago, it was spamming too, just do not give into it.

9. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

I find yahoo in the UK (yahoo.co.uk) is good at blocking spam, I do get plenty of emails from things I signed up for ages ago, and not all respect the 'unsubscribe' link

10. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

I know that Yahoo mail has been cracked numerous times. Therefore, legitimate accounts are now [apparently, but not really] sending spam. My son-in-law's ancient Yahoo account is one of them! I'll occasionally get mail ostensibly from him, but it's just garbage. :rolleyes:

But I have no idea if using Yahoo for mail yourself means that you'll get a lot of spam. If you do, can't you filter it? I use a real mail client for all my mail, including gmail, and never use webmail for anything. In my mail client, I can filter like crazy--and I do! If you can do that with Yahoo, I'd recommend trying it.

Xavier Black likes this.
  11. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

Yahoo does let you mark things as spam, and they get put in a spam folder from then on.