• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is your battery cover branded " With google"

Does your COver show "With Google?"

• Yes

Votes: 43 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 55 56.1%

• Total voters
i have a non-branded phone and my peak number was a little above 2500

edit:
also, i see some folks mentioning that they believe the non-branded phones to be first off the line. if anyone remembers watching or seeing any reviews you will see (if memory serves) all those early review phones had the google stamp on the back.

Now the question is what speed would have my phone gotten if it was right there next to yours during the test. Remember comparing download speeds at different times and different locations will not tell us anything. But this morning I was doing the testing side by side which took out all of the variables.

Upvote 0
Now the question is what speed would have my phone gotten if it was right there next to yours during the test. Remember comparing download speeds at different times and different locations will not tell us anything. But this morning I was doing the testing side by side which took out all of the variables.
Assuming both phones, doing side by side tests, are connected to the same tower, you really dont remove any variables but rather add one more. Which is the number of connections to said tower. Which is one of the main variables in factoring in speed.

Upvote 0
The question should be What did they do different on the "Non google" and some "with google" that show rev 0. As i wrote i have a with google phone and shows rev 0. To me its a glitch with the software like we can say why do some phones email sync work and others don't or why does my phone stay awake 22% of the day and some 100% even though we set the settings the same. It's life and until we get an update(1.6) from htc or sprint all we can do is guess and draw conclusions that will only make us circle back to the subject "non google" or "with google".
I hear you. My work email does not sync with Hero. It will sync sometimes. And if it does, it does not bring over all my emails. It may bring over 2 or 3 emails. WEIRD! I purchased my Hero from a Sprint store the second or third day after the official release date. My phone says hTC on the back cover. And it also says Rev 0. The fact that my work email does not sync all the time is the only real problem I have with the phone. I have no idea what the difference is between hTC branding and Google branding Hero's. I'm sure they are the same.

Upvote 0
The dust will get worse... I do not think you are going to like the Moment over the Hero. I was also watching but after the Cnet review yesterday I am sticking to my Hero.
Missed this reply earlier.

Im completely prepared to use openHome on the Moment should I decide to go that route. I will miss HTCs weather/clock widget and the FB intergration but thats about it. With luck, the Moment will get an upgrade to 2.0 or someone will figure out a way to root it, and I'll just throw a custom ROM in. That'll take care of the FB part, so I'll only really miss the Clock/Weather widget.

openHome has some very nice skins, and I have a pretty good idea which ones I would use. The thing about plain jane Android, is that I wouldnt be worried about messing up the pretty UI, cause frankly, I dont think its all that pretty. :D So anything I do, short of breaking it, would be an improvement.

Pros:
Slightly faster Processor
Flash with Camera
Physical Keyboard
Better overall look (totally opinionated here)
Optical Trackpad
Ability to totally customize the UI. (yes I can do that with the Hero too I know)

Cons:
I lose Sense UI.
No Facebook intergration (for the time being)
Lower Quality Camera

So, like I said, its really going to depend on how the Moment feels. If it feels cheap, flimsy and all plastic like I will probably stick with the Hero. On the other hand, if it turns out to be a good fit, its goodbye to Sense and the Hero. Which also means I have to go back to waiting for root, but meh. I cant have everything.

Upvote 0
well my original non google cover i modified by replacing the silver camera trim with carbon fiber...lol
IMAG0065.jpg

Upvote 0
with Google, no raised corners on the screen, no uneven gap at bottom of screen, and no dust
I just found out my dad has "with Google" on his. The gap at the bottom of the screen is identical to mine, and he has a little bit of dust under his screen. So far I have been lucky with that, but I may just not be able to see it through the screen protector.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones