• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is your Bluetooth dropping out too?

I've used my Samsung S20 FE 5G with bluetooth headphones for about 6 months with no issues. In the past few weeks, after about 4-10 minutes of listening to a podcast using my Bluetooth phones, the Bluetooth disconnects. I have reset Bluetooth and this happens with each of my two Bluetooth headsets. When I listen with plug-in headphones, no problem occurs.

I've turned off and back on, the phone's Bluetooth. I've upaired and them paired two different Bluetooth headphones and am still getting the same result.

I have a feeling that the cause is the latest Android 12 update. Is this a known issue? Any work-arounds yet?

I've used my Samsung S20 FE 5G with bluetooth headphones for about 6 months with no issues. In the past few weeks, after about 4-10 minutes of listening to a podcast using my Bluetooth phones, the Bluetooth disconnects. I have reset Bluetooth and this happens with each of my two Bluetooth headsets. When I listen with plug-in headphones, no problem occurs.

I've turned off and back on, the phone's Bluetooth. I've upaired and them paired two different Bluetooth headphones and am still getting the same result.

I have a feeling that the cause is the latest Android 12 update. Is this a known issue? Any work-arounds yet?
no issues with android 12 on my z fold 3......so i don't think it is android 12. it might be the latest update, but i would not necessarily blame android for this. have you tried just re-booting the phone? you can also try putting the phone in safe mode which prevents 3rd party apps from running.

Upvote 0
no issues with android 12 on my z fold 3......so i don't think it is android 12. it might be the latest update, but i would not necessarily blame android for this. have you tried just re-booting the phone? you can also try putting the phone in safe mode which prevents 3rd party apps from running.
Great idea. Thanks. I'm going to try this.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Bluetooth is so handy when it just works, such a pain when it doesn't.
Try going into your Settings >> Apps menu, and in the three-dot icon in the upper right select 'Show system'. Scroll down to any Bluetooth entries (most likely more than one) and Force stop then Clear data for each. Then restart your phone and see if this made any difference.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones