1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Isit iris orrrrrr siri.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by netlinkz, Oct 18, 2011.

1. netlinkz

netlinkz Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    cook
    Los Angeles
    Come on now...we love our androids but maybe google went under belly recently , as to, whrn i found out that google will be releasing their very own siri app. Thing is iris is the name of that would be assistant. Isn't that siri backwards? Hey apple is doing great with that and all but didn't we have it first with voice search and speech synthesis? They just tookit a notch up. Anywho, i love android phone and wouldn't change it cause of an AI chip...plus we're coming along juuuuust fine....what's your take on this subject?

Advertisement

2. youngnex

youngnex Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Florida
    theres a app on market that does it as well, even has a avatar

3. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 15, 2010
    Bozeman, Montana
    The "Iris" app is a quick-and-dirty freeware project that some devs at dexetra.com put together after seeing the iPhone's Siri app in action. I downloaded it today to play with, and while it's a definite proof-of-concept it's got a looooooong ways to go.

4. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    Its nothing but a fad gimmick to get people to buy the new iPhone. Just like when android announced the is would have flash on their os system. Granted flash is more useful but same principal. To try and bump up sales by saying look at what we have now and you want it. Siri is a cool concept but do I really want to have people look at me weird when they see me having a convosation with my phone? I think not.

5. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Android Expert

Jan 24, 2011
    I don't want AI talking to/at me. I can still read faster than the voice can spit it out anyway. If I'm driving, a passenger has to deal with the Garmin. I'll pull over and use a map or printed directions if I'm solo.