• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Isit iris orrrrrr siri.....

netlinkz

Apr 25, 2011
Los Angeles
Come on now...we love our androids but maybe google went under belly recently , as to, whrn i found out that google will be releasing their very own siri app. Thing is iris is the name of that would be assistant. Isn't that siri backwards? Hey apple is doing great with that and all but didn't we have it first with voice search and speech synthesis? They just tookit a notch up. Anywho, i love android phone and wouldn't change it cause of an AI chip...plus we're coming along juuuuust fine....what's your take on this subject?

Its nothing but a fad gimmick to get people to buy the new iPhone. Just like when android announced the is would have flash on their os system. Granted flash is more useful but same principal. To try and bump up sales by saying look at what we have now and you want it. Siri is a cool concept but do I really want to have people look at me weird when they see me having a convosation with my phone? I think not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones