1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

ISO: Battery Saver app suggestion like JuiceDefender Pro.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by magnoliasouth, Nov 17, 2014.

1. magnoliasouth

magnoliasouth Lurker
    None

I still actually have JuiceDefender Pro (JDP) on my very old phone, but that app was abandoned back in '12, I think.

I'm looking for an app that will auto enable Data and/or Wifi when the screen is turned on, but auto shut it off when screen is off with a time setting to allow sync to finish, like 5 minutes or so.

I can find plenty of auto off apps like WifiData Auto Off, but it doesn't turn anything back on.

I also would like the same app, or another if need be, that will shut off notifications during a time period.

JDP did most of that and then some. I prefer a free app, of course. The problem with JDP is that it is old and the one thing it doesn't do is turn data back on. You can switch from wifi to data easily, but you still have to manually go in and turn data back on. That has become a serious annoyance.

I'm getting a new phone and was hoping to find a shiny new app that would do these things. Please help?

Advertisement

2. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    I use Leandroid ... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teqtic.leandata&hl=en ... to do just that. There is a Pro version but the freebie one works fine. I live where the 3G signal is very spotty, 4G is non-existant and I don't need to sync every 2 minutes anyway. If it's that urgent they can ring me .... :D

Oh, just to add that it will turn on either when the screen is turned on OR when you unlock the screen. I find the latter useful as I can then turn the screen on to check the time without wifi/data turning on.

Originally got for my HTC Desire HD to eke as much battery life out of it as possible but now using it on my Galaxy S4.

Dave

3. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Android Expert
    None

Oct 27, 2011
    business owner
    SoCal
    GreenPower Premium will do what you want, though I find its most useful feature to be location based wifi.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I use GreenPower Premium to works great.