1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ISO: blocking app and text received app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by hopexofloats, Jul 19, 2013.

1. hopexofloats

hopexofloats Lurker

Two questions:

1st question (for personal reasons) is: Im looking for an app that blocks texts (I now that there are many out there) but I specifically need to find one that does NOT notify me that there is a text waiting in the app folder. I dont want to know that there is a text anywhere from this one specific number. When they text me, I want it to go into out text space somewhere that I never have to know that the person even sent it so that I am not tempted to open it and read it. Ive downloaded several and they all go to a different folder rather than my regular message inbox but they still notify me that there is a text received in that specific applications folder and I can choose to go in and read it. Its just not in my regular messages. I dont mind if the person gets notified with a text back from the program saying that they have been blocked, that doesnt matter either way to me.

My second question (for business reasons) is: As there are programs out there for emails to notify you when you send an email, if the person you sent it to has read the email or not: so Im wondering if there is an app for my phone out there to notify me when someone opens a text that I send. I know there is an option that is standard in my droid that I have checked for both a delivery report AND a read report but I havent received either of these reports so Im looking for an app that will actually do this. Thanks!:)

Advertisement

2. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert

Calls Blacklist should do the job for your first question.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vladlee.easyblacklist

For your second question, I think the SMS standard does not include read receipts and the option that your device offers you is a proprietary extension that would not work with devices not supporting it (and probably not even with compatible devices over networks not extended to carry it).

3. hopexofloats

hopexofloats Lurker

Thanks. I will give it a shot :)