• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ISO - Native TXT Editor

rEvo Lver

Jan 21, 2011
I'm looking for a FREE app that reads and writes .txt (or .RTF) documents NATIVELY.

No importing or exporting - nothing fancy. I just want to be able to drag and drop .txt (or .RTF) documents direct from a Mac to the SD and vice versa. It should also be able to do simple things like line wrap.

Not interested in anything that writes in it's own proprietary format and needs to be converted. (Of which there are a TON)

Is there such a beast?

Thanks - I didn't realise that Astro would do this - now I see it actually prompts one to open items in a few different ways. I've been staying out of Astro as it's overkill for my daily needs - but taking a cue from this thought, I've now gone out and found Mini File Manager which offers the same open options with a faster and much more friendly GUI. Now I can actually add a directory(folder) of specific documents for instance and have it show up right on the "desktop" for one click access without having to scroll through all kinds of stuff. Perfect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones