1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support ISP NOTIFICATION FROM FOX AND UNIVERSAL STUDIO'S

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by symplesymonsezzz, Jan 28, 2016.

1. symplesymonsezzz

None

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    I just registered on this site and I am looking for HELP. There must be others who have received the notice I just got. I downloaded ( jurassic world) and watched it with my wife. We received a notice from our ISP that said we infringed on the rights of Universal pictures and our actions were a violation of piracy. I would like to join in a forum were others have received a similar notice or a discussion group which deals with matters of this nature. My wife and I don't know what downloads or uploads means or what they do.We got the android unit as a gift and it seems have gotten us in trouble.Please suggest a forum.Thank you.

Advertisement

2. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Owner https://rootandroideasy.com/
    East Peoria IL
    Sounds like you're using a site like piratebay, popcorntime, showbox etc. The ISP notice is for downloading torrents or mp4 files etc. While i haven't got a notice like this i hope this helps.

mikedt and scary alien like this.
  3. symplesymonsezzz

None

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    James L. We do have popcorn, kodi, showbox, cloud tv, film on live tv and live sports tv awaz on our Android tv unit.I thank you for your input. I will continue to find a forum on this site as I believe others must have encountered a similar problem/notice of copyright infringment. Many thanks. Hopefully somone can steer me to the right forum where this discussion is taking place or has been discussed.

4. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Owner https://rootandroideasy.com/
    East Peoria IL
    Popcorn time would cause the ISP warning as it's downloading torrents.

5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Pretty-much any digital content that you can view or download for free when you otherwise would normally have to pay for it is likely piracy / infringement (i.e., "there's no such thing as a free lunch", etc...) and you're likely to be identified and notified of any violations:

Take a peek at these sites for a little more information:

Cheers!

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I would stop using the box, or at least stop using the illegal pirate sources immediately, otherwise might find the feds raiding your premises, huge fines, or worse.

All these boxes that use illegal services come from China of course. Might be better and safer to return it for a refund, and get a legal Roku box or something instead

7. symplesymonsezzz

None

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Found these site's most informative and learned a lot. I still have a lot to learn about using a computer. It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Many thanks.

psionandy, mikedt and scary alien like this.
  8. symplesymonsezzz

None

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    Just want to say thank you for your opinion and for now were going to stay with netflicks, they don't send me notices that scare the hell out of me. Kodi reviews seem to imply legal content. Thanks.

psionandy, mikedt and scary alien like this.
  9. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Kodi itself is perfectly legal, it's a media platform, it's some of the add-on streaming and download services that might not be. Most of these boxes come from China, and let's just say they don't particularly care about copyright here. A common problem with them, usually from users in the EU, is that illegal streams and downloads often don't work, because they're actually being blocked by the ISPs.

scary alien likes this.