1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Issue After Attempting to Enter Recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mystik1, Feb 6, 2016.

1. mystik1

mystik1 Well-Known Member

I have had the Note 3 for a long time. It's now used as a backup device over wifi only (it has no SIM card). I use it when my Nexus 6P is tethered to my PC or such. I have not messed with any ROMs on it for quite a long time. It's still running an old version of Android, and I can't even remember offhand the name of the ROM it has. It's on the tip of my fingers, but I just can't seem to come up with it. Anyway, I thought today I might finally update it to Marshmallow. But, here's the thing... I didn't even get that far. I have not done anything yet! All I did was download the ROM and Gapps and reboot to recovery using a QuickBoot app. That's it. I have not flashed anything. Yet, the phone is now in a boot loop. It says that it is loading recovery, but it never does. It just reboots. Now I have rebooted the phone many, many times with no issues. It seems to have been caused by simply trying to enter recovery, and I can't seem to ever get it to actually go into recovery. What should I do? TIA

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mystik1

No one has any thoughts?

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Your recovery image somehow got corrupted - it happens.

Best bet is to re-install it.

4. mystik1

How do I get into recovery to do so? It won't actually enter. It just keeps rebooting.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews