• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issue: Display timeout & screen

artnalex

Nov 10, 2009
I am going into SETTINGS > DISPLAY > SCREEN TIMEOUT

I click on "1 Minute". However, after only a few hours or so, the (setting) seems to be reverting right back to 15 seconds. This is annoying. I have turned-off the phone and even removed the battery for 5 minutes. But nothing changes.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Before you do something drastic like a complete wipe/restore, I would double check any apps you have installed since around the time this issue started. Maybe you have one that is affecting the setting without you realizing it. This is generally the main cause of most issues on a non-rooted stock phone.

Upvote 0
I had this happen and for the longest time, I couldn't figure out what was going on. I was using Widget Locker and that app has a default setting to override the android screen timeout to 15 seconds. You can change/disable this.

The problem occurs when, instead of unlocking the phone the traditional way, you pull down your notifications bar and load an app by clicking a notification (something you cannot do without first unlocking your phone if using the standard lockscreen).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones