• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issue - Phone is auto replying to all in MMS?

VolsMcFalls

May 14, 2010
My wife and I upgraded our phones this weekend, and she got an HTC Rezound. She just received a picture message, replied to it, and it automatically replies to everyone the original picture was sent to. She is using Handcent. There was no notification that it was a group convo, and she did nothing different, but the phone replied to everyone in the convo.

Is this a common problem? Perhaps a Handcent problem?

My wife and I upgraded our phones this weekend, and she got an HTC Rezound. She just received a picture message, replied to it, and it automatically replies to everyone the original picture was sent to. She is using Handcent. There was no notification that it was a group convo, and she did nothing different, but the phone replied to everyone in the convo.

Is this a common problem? Perhaps a Handcent problem?

It also happens in stock on group SMS. Idk when this started but i hated when iphone users would reply to it then another would reply "who is this". Now, a lot of phones do it! Their is an option to change it from group to individual in stock but i believe it replies to all individually! Try looking in the reply window when replying to groups. Stock is a drop down menu.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones