1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Issue pressing spacebar and other keys on bottom of screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dcdttu, Aug 1, 2011.

1. dcdttu

dcdttu Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 15, 2009
    Nerdy stuff
    I switched from an Evo to a NS4G, and while I love the phone, I have been having issues hitting the spacebar and the alt key while typing. I first thought this was because of the smaller screen compared to the Evo, but then I looked a little closer. While testing my phone, I noticed that most of my button presses had to be near the top of said button to even work. If I press the spacebar or another bottom-row key near the bottom 1/2 of the button, it won't register at all. This explained why sometimes I'd write entire sentences without spaces!

I compared it to my friend's Nexus S on T-Mobile, and his screen was dramatically more responsive where mine seemed to fail. Same goes for a friend's Evo and another friend's iPhone.

Anyone else notice that the lower row of keys is very picky compared to other phones?

Advertisement

2. ROB281

ROB281 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 13, 2010
    I did when I first got mine, guess I got used to it, because I don't notice it now

3. DesertBee

DesertBee Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    I have had some issues getting the spacebar to register. Then again, I'm also getting used to a touchscreen in general, having come from an LG Banter.

Doing some experimenting here, it does seem that the bottom half of the spacebar key is unresponsive in landscape mode. A rather major issue!

4. glumlord

glumlord Lurker
    None

Feb 11, 2010
    I've had problems with the spacebar not registering or typing a . instead of a space.

I think alot of it has to do with getting used to the layout because it has gotten better with use, but I definitely have run into the screen not being as responsive at the bottom edge.

5. AC1108

AC1108 Lurker
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    Biggest problem I've encountered so far is flipping it to Spanish when using Swype. Only takes a few times to realize what I've done.

6. warbux

warbux Member
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    I've been having the same problem. Guess it'll just take some getting used to.

Tags: