1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Issue Since 4.3 - N4 Freezing up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dolmangar, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Dolmangar

Dolmangar Android Enthusiast

I've noticed an issue with my N4 freezing up and the buttons becoming unresponsive in the past few days since the 4.3 update.

It's happened three times now, once during a Netflix playback and once during a YouTube playback (in that case the sound was still going but the video stopped and the buttons were unresponsive). I think the other time the screen was off and it wouldn't come back on.

Each time I've had to do a reboot by holding the volume up and power button.

I'm probably going to start going through my apps and checking if there is something incompatible, but has anyone else seen something like this yet?

2. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Android Enthusiast

Netflix is confirmed to cause crashes in 4.3. I haven't had any issues with Youtube, but I haven't used it much since updating to 4.3 either. The OS itself is stable, but some apps haven't been updated to play nice with 4.3 yet.

3. Dolmangar

Dolmangar Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the info.

4. lion7718

lion7718 Android Enthusiast

My YouTube has never worked once on my Nexus 4...I was hoping that something in 4.3 would kick it in...but it didn't.
    I'll just keep using m.youtube when I need something.

5. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

That's odd that your Youtube isn't working.

6. lion7718

lion7718 Android Enthusiast

I'm not the only one, there is a long thread on the Google Forums about it...

7. lightsleeper23

lightsleeper23 Android Enthusiast

Mine has been acting very unstable since 4.3. It's powered off by itself twice, and almost wouldn't come back on. Also, Android OS has been running high ever since the update. I have not seen the better battery life others are raving about. If anything it's gotten worse.

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews