• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issue using adhoc (WIFI) to laptop to connect to the internet

farrukh2015

Lurker
Apr 16, 2012
Hi guys, I'm a new user, i just bought my first android smartphone (HTC EVO 3D) yesterday but i'm unable to connect it to internet... It is not searching my laptop (Adhoc) wifi and if i connect it through htc usb cable then only google is opening rest all the sites are showing web page not found error. Any suggestion would be appreciated.Thanks

Android 2.3.4 is incapable of supporting Ad hoc connections without rooting and installing of particular mods. Android 2.3.7 and above are capable of supporting Ad hoc connections. We expect that the Evo 3D will be updated to 4.0.3 in the near future. For more information on the ICS (Android 4.0+) release, please look at our discussion on the thread:

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/426742-ics-anticipation-discussion-thread.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones