1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Issue using adhoc (WIFI) to laptop to connect to the internet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by farrukh2015, Apr 16, 2012.

1. farrukh2015

farrukh2015 Lurker

Hi guys, I'm a new user, i just bought my first android smartphone (HTC EVO 3D) yesterday but i'm unable to connect it to internet... It is not searching my laptop (Adhoc) wifi and if i connect it through htc usb cable then only google is opening rest all the sites are showing web page not found error. Any suggestion would be appreciated.Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Corpse11

Corpse11 Well-Known Member

are you trying to use the phone as an internet source? Or is the phone itself not connecting to wifi?

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

Android 2.3.4 is incapable of supporting Ad hoc connections without rooting and installing of particular mods. Android 2.3.7 and above are capable of supporting Ad hoc connections. We expect that the Evo 3D will be updated to 4.0.3 in the near future. For more information on the ICS (Android 4.0+) release, please look at our discussion on the thread:

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/426742-ics-anticipation-discussion-thread.html

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews