1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Issue when flasing a stock firmware when wanting to unroot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Extraterrestrial009, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Extraterrestrial009

I rooted my galaxy s6 a while ago, and wanted to unroot it to use some apps that can't be used with root. when i downloaded my device's stock firmware,there was an error and now my phone has a blue screen with the text "An error has occurred while updating the device software. use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software" and odin keeps failing whenever i try to flack the stock firmware with the error "Complete(Write) operation failed."
    can anyone help?

2. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

What is your complete model number?
    Where did you download the firmware?
    What version of Odin are you using?

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Have you tried Smart Switch? It does a pretty good job of detecting your device and loading the correct firmware.

4. Extraterrestrial009

The model number is SM-G920F
    i got the firmware from sammobile
    and it says odin3 v3.13

#4 Extraterrestrial009, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Jfalls63 likes this.
  5. Extraterrestrial009

smart switch didnt seem to work. it said my device was unsupported and even when i went to the emergency restore part, it didnt show my phone

Jfalls63 likes this.
  6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

The S6 is a relatively old device, which is why smart switch might not recognize it for emergency recovery, although Odin 3 should work with it. Samsung phones in particular get very fussy with cables and connectors when flashing (or trying to) I'd recommend trying a different USB cable and USB port on your PC. You might need to try several cables ... and be sure to reboot your PC between attempts. I know it *shouldn't* matter, but often times it does. :thinking:

Jfalls63 likes this.
  7. Extraterrestrial009

I'll try that soon. i'll let you know if it works or not

Jfalls63 likes this.
  8. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews