• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issue with assigning a Zedge Notification Tone

SYclops07

Jul 13, 2010
First - I have a Samsung Moment (2.1os). I downloaded Zedge a few weeks ago and it was working great. I could go into email, Text Message and Phone settings and when I wanted to assign anything a pop-up box would come up and ask if I wanted to assign an item from the Android System or Zedge. After selecting Zedge, I could then select the ringer I wanted for whatever application I was in.

Now that pop-up box won't show when I want to assign...it will only go to the default ringtone selction grid? Is there something I need to change? It was working beautiful before! If you need any further explanation, please let me know! Thanks all!

OK...answered my own question again by searching another forum. Here are the results if anyone has the same issue:

Setting > Applications > Manage > Menu > Filter > All > android system" > Select "Clear Defaults"

Tested and resulted in the pop-up reappearing.

MAN...that was frusterating! Somehow my pocket must have changed my settings...HATE that! :)

Reactions: knightprincess13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones