• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issue with attaching new Google account to my Hero, unable to back-up SMS (or anything)

Hi all,

Similar questions have been posted before (1, 2, 3), but with no resolution, so I thought I'd post a more specific query if that's ok...

I changed my main Google/gmail account recently, and decided to update my Hero, but having cleared the data from Google Apps (in Manage Applications) I now can't connect my new account due to the problems described here and here.

I'm pretty much resigned to doing a factory reset (annoying though), but is there any way I can back up SMS messages? Some data I can extract from the sdcard, but I can't install anything to back-up SMS as I'm unable to install anything from the market.

So if anyone has any info on either of these issues I'd be really grateful - I'd either like to avoid having to do a reset, or find some way of backing-up without having access to the market.

thanks in advance,
Ben.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones