1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Issue with CM7.0.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MarmiteX1, Aug 11, 2011.

1. MarmiteX1

MarmiteX1 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Hi there,

My phone became sluggish this morning. I've been using CM7.0.3 since May and I haven't had any issues up until now.

I went onto facebook mobile and posted a message. I then used twitter to get latest tweets regarding latest news.

I then decided to check my emails(not gmail) using standard email client which connects to hotmail.

After i deleted a couple of messages the phone screen when blank i.e it was just black. The notification bar became sluggish.

However if i turned the phone horizontal the notification bar works but it is still unresponsive.

I tried to go into applications section but whenever i press the settings widget a blank screen appeared. However if i turned the
    device horizontal it the various options appeared but it was still sluggish.

I then tried to restart my phone by pressing the "power" button. But the options didn't appear.

So i've had to take the battery out, put it back in and then power the phone on. At the moment the phone is fine.

I've noticed that the facebook app was taking up more cache. I then cleared the cache.

Do you think that this would have been contributed to this issue or not?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Could have been a ram issue. I find its best to restart it from time to time anyway.

3. MarmiteX1

MarmiteX1 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Possibly. I've now flashed Oxygen 2.1.6 Rom.

Tags: