1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Issue with Fastboot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xFulcrum, Aug 17, 2012.

1. xFulcrum

xFulcrum Lurker

I'm following scotty's guide to the t trying to root my rezound. I noticed a couple others mentioning this issue but not in its own thread (though if it is I apologize for posting separate). I also didn't want to clutter up the guide post. Anyhow, after playing around with adb devices and adb kill-server over and over until I finally see only one device, I get to fastboot by adb reboot bootloader. At this point, the light on the rezound (the charging light) goes off and my pc no longer sees a device connected at all. Needless to say fastboot doesn't see it either. I've installed/reinstalled HTC Sync several times, rebooted my pc, rebooted the phone, and used the driver .exe scotty mentions in his post. Nothing helps. I'm running win7 x64 if that makes a difference. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

64 bit i do not believe should make a difference. is htc sync still on the pc? usually when drivers are correctly installed,and there are issues with adb or fastboot connectivity,the prollem turns out to be something running on the pc,interefering with the comunications.

make sure you have disabled htc sync,pdanet,easytether,and any other programs capable of comunicating with the phone.

also try different usb cables and ports. sounds like a long shot,but ive learned the hard way not all usb cables are created equal :eek:

you can also try installing the drivers manually. find your phone in device manager,then update drivers,and point the wizzard at the extracted driver file.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews