1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Issue with Kies when charging phone into wall charger

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by unity04, Jul 29, 2011.

1. unity04

unity04 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    I connected by phone to my PC and transferred some files onto it by going to computer > opening the device, and then going to the correct folder the files belonged to. when i connected the phone to the pc it showed the Kies connected MTP Application screen, which verifies the phone is connected.. Now when I plug my phone in to charge into the wall charger it keeps saying its connecting to Kies when all I want it to do is charge through the usb charging cable and the wall adapter.. there is no computer involved here... usually, when i plug the phone charger in, it just shows the battery is charging.. now it shows the screen as if its connecting to my computer.. how do i get it just to charge???

Advertisement

2. smileyguy

smileyguy Newbie
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    I'm having this problem too. I updated with Kies a month or so ago so have the latest update as far as I know (but will check again when I get home). Is this a known issue?

It tells me to press the home key to disconnect from samsung kies and that works, but don't know why it keeps telling me that. My phone also crashes several times a day now (screen freezes on wallpaper/clock) until I hold power button for a few secs and it restarts . . .

Any ideas? Please help :(

3. TarunVee

TarunVee Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    Student
    Chennai,India
    Started having the same problem today.

When i plug my phone into the wall charger it goes to the MTP Application screen and says press the home key to quit samsung kies, and soon as i do that the media scanner starts off. It isn't a major problem but its quite irritating.

And my phone too freezes on the unlock wallpaper with the clock and restarts randomly after a few minutes.

Can't think of anything ive done recently that couldve caused these issues. I tweaked my juice defender settings and since then this charger problem started. If anyone finds a fix please help! otherwise will restoring the phone solve the problem?