• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issue with large image loading time in android 7

Posted this originally in apps, maybe it belongs here.

I've had a sony xperia x performance since november, great phone, really snappy.

I have a very large image, a scan of a map, that i use for navigation in the mountains on my motorcycle. the image is 25,000x24,000 pixels, jpg format, about 48MB. On my old device, an htc one m8, using quickpic this image would load within seconds of zooming in to an area. My x performance was twice as fast at loading the image as my m8 which i was impressed with. However, when i upgraded to android 7, now the image takes a solid minute to load any given area when zoomed in. Almost like the app cpu usage is restricted. Any ideas?

Edit: here's a link to the picture. download it and view it in your photo app and let me know how fast it is for you. https://1drv.ms/i/s!AgmIEe-yMbovinWFLnNuEF3pgzBG

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones