1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Issue with latest version of Gmail on honeycomb: Message content disappears when clicked!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by kadairh, May 6, 2012.

1. kadairh

kadairh Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    I have a new Archos 70b internet and the factory version of gmail works with no problem but when downloading latest version of Gmail app, initially it's ok when browsing emails, i.e. can scroll up and down body of email without the content disappearing, but after a while if I click on the body of an email, the displayed content disappears and I can only see the attachments listed, if they exist. Incredibly frustrating and has meant I've had to go back to factory version which is somewhat stingy with the real estate for the main body of email.

Anyone heard of this? have any solutions? I've tried clearing the cache, stopping the app and clearing data, uninstalling and reinstalling the update and it still comes back. It is inconsistent in how it presents - i.e. I may not be able to access the info then next time I'm in I can scroll without the message content disappearing.

Advertisement

2. deanshep85

deanshep85 Android Expert
    None

Nov 22, 2010
    UK
    I have the EXACT same issue, it happened to me around a day and a half of purchasing the tablet. My mother also has had 2 of these tablets and EXACTLY the same error, hell she even took the first one back due to it.

I've emailed both Google and Archos to find out more...sadly I have no solution, only just an olive branch of support in the fact your not alone lol

kadairh likes this.
  3. kadairh

kadairh Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    Thank you so much for that response (damn!!) it looks like it's memory related as when I kill tasks/clear cache, it's ok for a while.

BTW I've found it's unrelated to version of Gmail - both versions (factory and latest) have the same fault!

Disappointing! I'll see if I can take it back.

4. deanshep85

deanshep85 Android Expert
    None

Nov 22, 2010
    UK
    Yea that's what I found on 3 models of the 70b...I managed to get a refund and instead bought the generation 80 g9 archos....and boy is this one so much better...especially with the ICS update on it with better memory management.

kadairh likes this.
  5. kadairh

kadairh Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    Thanks very much again!! This is the first time I've posted on forums for gadgets and really appreciate the feedback. I've checked return policy and it's going back tomorrow!!