• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issue with native e-mail app Exchange Activesync

majp89

Lurker
Mar 22, 2017
Hello,

I have searched on the internet for this problem but I don't even know where to start with what keywords I would type so I ended up here. Ever since the Android 7.0 update my exchange activesync connections no longer work. If I use a third party app such as Gmail or Outlook it works fine. However, many of our users use Gmail for their personal email and do not want to integrate the two (even though you can change which mailbox you are viewing.) The native e-mail app is what they are familiar with and they would prefer to use that and I don't necessarily disagree with them.

I have had this issue specifically with the Droid Z after the 7.0 update, Droid Turbo 2, LG G5, LG V20, Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge. Again, it is affecting sync through the phone's native e-mail/calendar/contacts and not third party apps.

The server is an Exchange 2010 server.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones