• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issue with "People" and not letting me add/link a contact.

FliGuyRyan

Jun 12, 2010
I'm having an issue linking my wife to her Facebook profile in the contact "people."

When she calls her number comes up. After I hang up, I try to "connect with person already in contacts" and it forces "People" to close.

I tried to add her manually and it deleted it before my very eyes while I was within "people."

I did it using the Google phonebook and not the phone's. Is there any issue with this, and what's the difference between the Google and Phone options (benefits, etc... ?).

Thanks,

Ryan

This might not be the definitive solution, but I had some similar problems with the people widget and disappearing contacts:

Once you have added a person to the widget, select them at least once from the main widget screen and set the default action.

I haven't had a contact disappear yet after I started doing that.

Upvote 0
Once I selected my wife for the first time, she disappeared. It was the strangest thing. All this has happened of course after I did a hard reset as well as my bluetooth doesn't connect anymore.

Technology... gotta have it, gotta love it.

How did you did you make her disappear? I want to try this out on people when they annoy me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones