1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Issue with replying to emails

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by spinky, Jul 21, 2011.

1. spinky

spinky Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Manager
    Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    I now have the new update that allows the default email app to work with exchange servers. However, I have noticed a troubling glitch. If I write a new email, it will send just fine. When I reply to an email, it sits in the out box and never gets sent. There does not appear to be any settings for the outgoing server. What am I missing here?

Advertisement

2. cadair

cadair Lurker
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    livingston, tx
    I'm having the exact same issue connecting to my exchange server. There doesn't need to be an "outgoing mail server" on exchange, it's all the same.
    I can send a new mail with no issue, but when I reply, everything hangs up in the outbox. Once I have a message hung in the outbox, I then can't even send new mail, everything hangs below the reply.
    A fix for this would be WONDERFUL, since I've already ran into issues where I thought I replied to a critical email, only to find it hours later in my outbox.

3. spinky

spinky Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Manager
    Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Here is another interesting part to this thread. I also have a pop account synced up and even though this is NOT the default account for sending emails, it replies to emails properly. The issue must reside within the exchange settings.

4. Benjie

Benjie Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Working and having fun
    Paradise
    From a bit of reading, none of the free applications support Exchange. There is one in the Market that support Exchange, though I do not remember the name.

spinky likes this.
  5. 1SG31B

1SG31B Well-Known Member
    None

May 25, 2011
    Benji - there are a few in the market that support exchange. I use touchdown for tablets and it has a decent interface. I do not personally like the native email client on the tab there are several threads on hacking the corporate account on 3.0.1 so there are several people using this. I am supprised they have not chimed in with a "works for me" or claiming a similar problem. I it persists you can tryout Touchdown. Good Luck

spinky likes this.