• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issue with Vodafone update to Froyo

ayeready

Lurker
Aug 1, 2010
I have an unlocked and unbranded Desire on VF contract.

It's currently running software version 1.19.161.5.

Been trying all day to force the update through but I just keep getting the your phone is up to date msg.

Anyone out there having similar problems?

From the main homescreen, click the menu button and go into scenes, do you have a scene for VF? That is the only obvious thing I've seen that VF put on their ROMs.

Typically when phones are new the operators sell "unbranded" phones, which can mean they don't have an actual logo on them, but there will be some kind of identifying feature. Did you get it off eBay, or anywhere other than direct from HTC?

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
From the main homescreen, click the menu button and go into scenes, do you have a scene for VF? That is the only obvious thing I've seen that VF put on their ROMs.

Typically when phones are new the operators sell "unbranded" phones, which can mean they don't have an actual logo on them, but there will be some kind of identifying feature. Did you get it off eBay, or anywhere other than direct from HTC?

Balls!

Checked and I have a VF scene.

Any way to update to 1.21.405.2 without rooting?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones