1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Issue with Wi-fi Hotspot set up on Galaxy Tab S2 with Android 6

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by METsen, Jul 22, 2016.

1. METsen

METsen Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2016
    With Android 6 the Wi-fi hotspot set up does not function "normal" on the Galaxy Tab S2 with Android 6. Other Android 6 devices do not seem to have the same problems:

1) The default hotspot name which on other devices can be changed by clicking on it cannot be changed and remains fix "AndroidAP". The same name can cause confusion/problems where several "AndroidAP" are in reach.

2) Instead of allowing to change the name the click on the name askes to select between "all devices" or "allowed devices only". I guessed that "all devices" would set up the hotspot without a password security and I selected therefore "allowed devices only". With this option the hotspot could not be connected with the correct password. Only by selecting "all devices" and defining a password the hotspot with the fixed name "AndroidAP" could be made working.

Hopefully there is someone from Samsung watching here who can initiate an update. Thank you.

P.S: My Galaxy Tab S2 has model no: SM-T817 (The Tablet was bought in Turkey. Could this even be a country specific feature?)

Advertisement

2. AnciusD

AnciusD Android Enthusiast

Mar 7, 2011
    Male
    USA
    Mikestony likes this.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 was released in 2015 as a smaller version of the Galaxy Tab S2 9.7. The device features 3GB of RAM, up to 64GB of storage, and a 4,000mAH battery.