1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Issue with WiFi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Droid_Rage, May 14, 2011.

1. Droid_Rage

Droid_Rage Newbie

I've been having issues with my WiFi not connecting when I pull down the menu and click the WiFi button. Some times, it will say "Turning on" and then waits a few minutes and does nothing. Other times, it doesn't respond at all. When I pull up the Settings-Wireless and Networks, I click on WiFi settings, and it will say Wi-Fi (Error). I'll try to turn on from here, and it again tries to load up and then gives the "Error" message again. Maybe 1 time out of 10 it will actually work when I do this. I usually just have to reboot and it will work fine. Does anyone else have this issue, and if so, is there a known fix for this? I'm running Timerific, so I don't know if that may have something to do with it or not.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast

You might want to try removing that program just to see. Also i have had issues off and on until i realized it was my wireless router, so i unplugged it and let it sit for a few minute and powered up and my issue was resolved.

3. badankles

badankles Android Expert

exactly the same as the OP, and i'm running stock. i've reset and wipe cache and pulled battery and reboot. it's fine for a while but resumes again after a while. hard to repeat because it doesn't happen every time. when it does happen, i just wait for the 'Error' message to come up (which can take up to a minute while it hangs), then go through the main settings to restart wifi.

this started after the EC05 froyo upgrade for me.

4. gme109

gme109 Android Enthusiast

This is a known issue with the 2.2.1, on the Epic. Hopefully it gets fixed with an upcoming update. I'm having the same issues with my wifi connection.

la sal likes this.
  5. baygolf

baygolf Newbie

So do we know what triggers this hang up?:rolleyes:

6. alanamaslama

alanamaslama Member

My Epic does the same thing. Such a hassle to have to reboot my phone to get the WiFi working again, only for it to lose connection and not be able to reconnect unless I reboot again.

7. JackNYC

JackNYC Lurker

Has anyone found a solution for this? Why is the Samsung Epic 4G so buggy? At first I thought it was the ROM that I'm using, but to hear others with stock Froyo to also have this problem.... grrrh! I'm definitely not getting Samsung for my next Android phone.

8. ncpeep

ncpeep Newbie

yea i get this error too. what i usually do is turn on 3g, try to turn on wifi, then turn off 3g. and that usually does the trick. maybe turn on airplane mode for a second or two might help.

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews