• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help issue wrong letter selected samsung keyboard

winstonman78

Jul 22, 2011
OK this is driving me crazy. The problem i have is when txting on my gs3 using the samsung qwerty keyboard. I try to press period key on my touchscreen it 99% of time selects letter M. When turned sideways in landscape mode it won't do it. I have sat the phone on the table and very carefully tried pressing where the period key is. I'm very clearly not touching anywhere near the M but it selects M. This also happens 50% of the time when pressing backspace and it selects L. I don't seem to have any other issues with the touchscreen as far as touching somewhere and it thinks im touching somewhere else. All the other letters work fine. I have had other people try it with smaller fingers. Anyone else having this issue and know of anything to do besides resetting the entire phone??? I can't seem to find anything online.. THANKS!!

ALSO if I press ABC to switch it from letters to punctuation. I can press period just fine.. It doesn't try to press ? But as soon as i switch back its pressing M again.

The reset did fix the problem. I guess something funky just happened with the samsung qwerty. Only problem with the reset is that even though I clicked synch to be sure my contacts and calendar were synched with my google account, they weren't. I should have checked online thru gmail to be sure. I don't understand the problem with synching. Especially the calendar. Seems like if I enter things on the calendar on my pc it synchs fine with my phone, however if I enter it on my phone it doesn't want to synch with the google account. I've heard others having this problem, but not the problem with contacts.

Upvote 0
Thanks!! I do love it. I've head it since August and has been wonderful. I Started with the Samsung Epic 4g and the Gs3 is just above and beyond anything else in my opinion. I do have an sd card and If I had been smart I would have exported the contacts. I did actually check the date of last synch. Oh well Live and learn.

Thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones