• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

issues after software update 4.1.2, build xxema2

joemonkey

Android Enthusiast
Jun 27, 2010
Seattle, WA
i did the updated recently and i have encountered a few issues thus far. i have the GT-I9300 version

- incoming call sometime does not ring even though phone is not on silent mode. then the same person calls again, the phone rings
- sometime the phone just freezes and the only way out is to remove the battery

has anything have the same issues? i never had these issues before the upgrade, this is very frustrating.

i did the updated recently and i have encountered a few issues thus far. i have the GT-I9300 version

- incoming call sometime does not ring even though phone is not on silent mode. then the same person calls again, the phone rings
- sometime the phone just freezes and the only way out is to remove the battery

has anything have the same issues? i never had these issues before the upgrade, this is very frustrating.

It is quite common that certain system files of older OS, collide with the updated new ones. It is good to back up the phone and factory restore just to clear the phone of any left overs. I personally have't come across such issues as yours, but others, like inability to charge via USB or self reboot.

All of which has been sorted out with the factory reset.

best regards
Seba

Upvote 0
It is quite common that certain system files of older OS, collide with the updated new ones. It is good to back up the phone and factory restore just to clear the phone of any left overs. I personally have't come across such issues as yours, but others, like inability to charge via USB or self reboot.

All of which has been sorted out with the factory reset.

best regards
Seba

thanks for the suggestion. i did a backup of all my apps, i will attempt a factory reset and report back afterward in a day or two.

stay tuned.

Upvote 0
thanks for the suggestion. i did a backup of all my apps, i will attempt a factory reset and report back afterward in a day or two.

stay tuned.

So many people have had to reset for some reason or other after getting JB that id recommend everyone back up and reset when they get it to avoid future stress :thumbup:

Upvote 0
So many people have had to reset for some reason or other after getting JB that id recommend everyone back up and reset when they get it to avoid future stress :thumbup:

i did a reset and i have not noticed the issues i had so far. i did backup all my apps. unfortunately i had to re-create all the music playlists because i did not know how to even backup playlists. it took a while using kies but i am happy that i did a hard reset and the phone seems to be stable now.

thank you everyone for suggesting that.

Upvote 0
i am sure not everyone had to do a hard reset after the upgrade. for those you had, including myself, it was a pain nevertheless.

i normally do not jump right in every time an upgrade is available even when i get the notification stating new software is available. i know every upgrade comes with bugs from phone to computer to..etc. i think i made a mistake by selecting 'auto update' and last time i power off/on my phone, the upgrade was done automatically. i just de-selected the auto update which gives me the option to manually upgrade on my own time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones