1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Issues after update to 2.3.5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by timmmm, Apr 24, 2012.

1. timmmm

timmmm Lurker

Hi
    I just recently updated my Desire HD to 2.3.5 and ever since then i have been having a few small issues with it.
    When i lock my phone it seems to turn the light on after a few seconds (sometimes takes a little longer) for no reason at all. I have tried to close all apps that were running and even put it on airplane mode but im still getting the same problem.
    Another issue i have is when i answer a phone call, or make a phone call it puts the speaker phone straight on. I have looked for settings to make this happen but i am unable to find any to change.
    I have done a factory reset, but it didnt go back to the original software, its still on 2.3.5 and i still have the issues.
    Is there anything i can do or is there a problem either the software or a hardware problem?
    Ive had the phone for just over a year and it is still under warenty so i have the option of sending it to my carrier to get it repaired.

Another issue that i have had over the last 6 months(well i have noticed because i have been travelling alot) The battery life SUCKS. If i have either wifi or mobile network on, and using the internet, the battery will die within a few hours (about 2). Is this the same for everyone or is it a problem with my phone
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CDPlant

CDPlant Android Expert

I too had this issue a while back, it was very strange and rather annoying. Unfortunately, I found no way to fix this (although I suspect it had something to do with the proximity sensor, which didn't turn the screen off when I was on a call and must have assumed I was far away from it and turned it on speaker automatically)

The Desire HD battery life is shocking :( Even with a custom ROM on mine I won't make it 12 hours before it runs out. Unfortunately nearly everyone has this problem, and asides from buying a bigger capacity battery there isn't really a solution (well, apart from putting a new ROM on which may give you a couple of extra hours)

When it runs out in 2 hours, is that using the internet the whole time? Using 3G for extended periods of time will drain your battery a lot, more than anything apart from the display. Using wifi uses less power when it's in use, but uses more power in standby than 3G does. Some people use Juice Defender from Google Play to get longer battery life, as it turns off the 3G when the screen is off to help save battery.

Sorry I can't help more, but I will look into some of these issues for you and let you know if I find anything else

D-U-R-X likes this.
  3. JohnDF1

JohnDF1 Newbie

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews