1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Issues after Update to 4.3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bmonkey4201, Dec 9, 2013.

1. bmonkey4201

bmonkey4201 Lurker

Hello,

I'm a relative idiot when it comes to smart phones. I was just wondering if someone could help me out here. I am experiencing a couple of issues since my upgrade to 4.3. One is that whenever I get a text message and am listening to Pandora the volume goes all the way down, then I have to turn it back up manually. I can't use the buttons on my headphones because since the update, the controls do not work either. Lastly, one of the most annoying things happens when I try to text. Normally I could have just started typing a name into the recipient section and it would bring up those from my contact list that start with those letters. However, now it doesn't do this and although it shows the letters of the persons name it is searching for the corresponding numbers based on a standard phone keypad. (abc-2, def-3, and so on). I know these are minor but they are really frustrating. I would appreciate any help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

It would help to post your carrier, or better yet to put that information in your profile.

Sorry, I don't have any of those issues, nor have I seen them mentioned.

bmonkey4201 likes this.
  3. bmonkey4201

bmonkey4201 Lurker

Updated my profile! T-Mobile is my carrier.

4. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Unfortunately, T-Mobile covers both Europe and the U.S. and includes at least 2 models of the S4 and a great many different firmwares.

Could you give your, "Version" and "Firmware", details, as per #1.2 and #1.3 of 18 Galaxy S4 models - know yours? as this is a more accurate and reliable way of getting your phone information as replies may be dependent on this. ;)

bmonkey4201 likes this.
  5. bmonkey4201

bmonkey4201 Lurker

Did not know any of that. I am updating now! Thank you! I am model SGH-M919, not sure about the firmware.... Total noob, sorry.

Bill

6. ironass

Noob or not... how to obtain your firmware details is in my last post! Help us to help you. ;)

7. bmonkey4201

bmonkey4201 Lurker

When I follow the directions you linked and type the numbers into the keypad it says the code is running, then "unable to process request".

8. ironass

That is strange that that feature is disabled on stock Samsung firmware. Are you able to bring up, say, your IMEI no: by entering *#06# into the dial pad?

9. bobby2478

bobby2478 Android Enthusiast

I have US Sprint version, and the 2 biggest problems I've had since the initial 4.3 update are my battery draining very fast (much faster than before the update), my WIFI connection is suddenly unstable (I get the message saying connection is unstable, again never had this before the update), and I've experienced an increase in dropped calls and occasional bad call quality (sounds like talking into a tin can). None of these were apparent before upgrading to 4.3.

I just saw the MK2 update on my phone, I'll install it shortly and hopefully this will fix these issues. I've read the initial 4.3 update wreaked havoc on many other carrier's version of the S4 (especially Verizon)

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews