• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

issues flashing brokenout rom

soldier2009

Nov 12, 2012
so i gave up looking for other roms as they are not out. i desided to give brokenout a try the rom managers i tryed wanted me to flash cwm so i did. and when i went to flash the rom it got stuck on a lg screen with a message saying error this error that. so i left it there for a while nothing happend so i took the battery out and turned it back on like nothing happend. is that normal or no what am i doing wrong

i installed cwmr from a website i wasnt trusting an apps method. i tryed putting the phone into recovery mode to get the screen to download from sd card but it just fails to get there.
You can't install CWM once you've installed ICS. ICS locks the boot loader and by installing CWM, you break the security check, hence the security error message. Your only way out is to reflash your OS. If you want to play with other roms, you will need to go back down to GB and install CWM there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones