1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Issues following 2.3.3 update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kopacabana, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Kopacabana

Kopacabana Newbie
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    Hi there

I have just updated my branded Orange Desire to 2.3.3 and have encountered a number of frustrating problems.

1. Bluetooth no longer works. It is not picking up any of my devices, and none of my devices can see it. What the hell is going on? Bluetooth is extremely important to me as my job requires a lot of phone-time.

2. All of the application icons will not update, they simply show the Android default green icon. Why?

3. All my videos that were recorded on the phone's camera can no longer be played. Whichever one I open I get the message 'Cannot play video'.

To be honest, while I was keen to de-brand the phone and release 20MB from the removed Orange bloatware, I wish I hadn't bothered.

Can anyone offer any help or suggestions?

Advertisement

2. Kopacabana

Kopacabana Newbie
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    <bump>

Sorry, but I really need some help with this!

3. Kopacabana

Kopacabana Newbie
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    Bearing in mind my phone is not rooted, can I simply re-flash the ROM with Froyo 2.2?

Can anyone provide a source that will work?

4. Flumme

Flumme Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    Sweden
    As I understand things, you cannot go back to Froyo. Neither is it a good idea to reflash the RUU-update to Gingerbread.

Updating to 2.3.3 does not touch the content of your SD card, so the integrity of your video files would remain uncompromised.

Have you preformed a complete wipe/factory reset? (Back up your texts, calender, call logs, contacts, etc. first, though.) It sounds like your problems stem from having Froyo "residue" hanging around muddling the water, so to speak...

5. Kopacabana

Kopacabana Newbie
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    Hi there. Thanks for your response.

I have monitored my phone and over the last few days everything seems to have returned to normal. My Bluetooth started working a couple of days after the update, and all the app icons are now correct.

Don't know what happened. Maybe it just took a while for the new code to work it's way around all the hardware and software. Although it still won't play my videos but I'm not that bothered - I've moved them to my laptop.

Now that everything seems to be working well, I'm inclined to not do a factory reset.

Tags: