• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ISSUES!!! Home key button moves! Spen isnt easy to take out!

Droid4g27

Sep 1, 2012
Chicago
I noticed sometimes when i look at the home key button it looks a tiny bit crooked sometimes straight and i can take my nail and move it slightly anybody else notice that? The s4 and note 2 i had home key button seemed very secure compared to the note 3. This is the 3rd note 3 i got already thank god i have 14days to exchange or return i think they really rushed to make this phone cause this is bs! The first one i got had flaws around the camera the 2nd one had a paint chip around the camera now this one i have the home key button slightly moves but everything else seems perfect ugghhhhh :(

As for the spen i noticed its kinda hard to pull out maybe cause its a new phone so the more i use the pen it will start going in out freely?

Reactions: 814 htc evo
Yep mine does but only slight. This is my 2nd unit after I had the first one replaced for dust under the camera lens. This new one has a loose power button. Ugh, quality control.
Yea mine does it slightly as well and i feel u cause on the first day it came out for tmobile October 1st i went to go get it and the first one i got had some marks around the camera then i got another and there was a small paint chip around the camera then finally my 3rd perfect besides the slight move of the home key button! I love the tmobile store by my area they were so nice enough to take 2 note 3s back the same day without a problem they even allowed me to buy it without them having to cut the seals and activate it.

Upvote 0
My Note 3 has so much play in the Home button that you could literally move it around with your thumb and it would end up being crooked horizontally in different ways.

It's been driving me nuts today since I noticed. I can have the right side be higher than the left side or lower, that's how shoddy Samsung Mobile's manufacturing is.

Here, I made a GIF:

w4X4sAN.gif

Upvote 0
trust me go into the light and look at the home key button even try use your nail to move it it has slight play in it ive checked 2 other note 3s and they do the samething

Nope mine has absolutely no play I can't even put my nail can't move it unless I force it and then I'm afraid I will cause it to loosen I've ordered mine through AT&T no problems thus far with home button I have 12 more days though to ensure it doesn't but I'm sure over time it's going to loosen that's all phones though my iPhone did it too

Upvote 0
My Note 3 has so much play in the Home button that you could literally move it around with your thumb and it would end up being crooked horizontally in different ways.

It's been driving me nuts today since I noticed. I can have the right side be higher than the left side or lower, that's how shoddy Samsung Mobile's manufacturing is.

Here, I made a GIF:

w4X4sAN.gif

Hey did you get your phone replaced?? Mine looks identical to your problem

Upvote 0
Hey did you get your phone replaced?? Mine looks identical to your problem
Yup exactly what mine is doing and i already exchanged 2 cause there were flaws around the camera and this will be my third one but everything else on this one i got now is perfect so i dunno what to do plus i put all the settings the way i wanted to and i dont wanna go threw that again but im worried if that home key button ends up comming off :(

Upvote 0
I'm usually a 'day one' buyer. I did that on my SGS3 and regretted it for the short period I had it. I did it with my iPhone 5 and my HTC One (both behaving perfectly). Even with my poor history with day one Samsung devices, I probably would have bought the Note 3 anyway if not for the whole region lock fiasco, so i'm glad I decided not to do this for the Note 3 and wait for all the bugs and QC issues to be ironed out.

Upvote 0
I'm from Australia and have this issue so it must be global quality control problem unfortunately:(
horrible im heading to tmobile now and gonna ask to see one of the workers note 3 see if it does the same thing also gonna check there working display model cause i dont wanna exchange it again and there all the same way but after all i paid $708 for this sht!

Upvote 0
horrible im heading to tmobile now and gonna ask to see one of the workers note 3 see if it does the same thing also gonna check there working display model cause i dont wanna exchange it again and there all the same way but after all i paid $708 for this sht!

Good luck, I'm going to try replace mine today and if possible swap to a white one will let u know if I get a working button.

Upvote 0
Good luck, I'm going to try replace mine today and if possible swap to a white one will let u know if I get a working button.

I'm from Australia and have this issue so it must be global quality control problem unfortunately:(

I heard this was the reason for the delay in the release of the Verizon version.....it gave them the extra time to iron out and correct all issues reported through other carriers releases. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones