• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issues making/receiving audio/video calls in apps...with only one person

sra2ssgt

Lurker
Jun 1, 2017
I am an American living abroad and I rely on apps to stay in touch with friends and family back in the States. I have one friend who no matter what we have tried, we can't seem to get a video or audio call to connect within any app, either using wifi or cellular. She is the only person I have this problem with. Here are the specifics...

She is running Android 7.0 on a Galaxy S7 through Verizon. I am on an iPhone with the latest iOS.

We have tried Whatsapp, Skype, Google Duo, Tango, Facebook Messenger...we can message each other and send pics and videos just fine in the apps, just no calls.

When I call her cell phone number from Skype, it doesn't ring on her end at all but I connect to her voice mail and she can get those. If she calls my Skype number from her cell phone, it connects fine.

I have tried everything I can think of...she is literally the only person I can't connect with...I have no issues connecting with anyone else in these apps whether they are Android or iOS. I have even tried going through a VPN when I call her and nothing.

What could be causing this? I would send her to get this looked at on her end but she is not very tech savvy and she's afraid she won't explain the issue correctly.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones