• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues playing music...

Hey all... New to this forum, and new to Androids... But my issue here today is figuring out why some of my music files from the same CD and same music format are playing on my phone, (LG Optimus V) after I've transferred them to it, and while some aren't - also causing my phone's music player to force close... Seems silly why most play, and only 4 out of 12 won't even start. I even went as far as buying a new (8gb) SD card, but that didn't solve anything either. Didn't change anything either, I just have more space then I did before... Anyways, I've looked around on the web and didn't find anything pertaining exactly to what I was inquiring about, so I thought it was time to ask some questions. VM's costumer service is a waist of time IMHO. BTW, the phone is only about 7 weeks old, and I've never severely dropped it or damaged it in anyway.

Cheers and thanks,

-E

I've tried re-transferring the files many times, but only to get the same result. They're formatted under WMA, which I've read the phone can play, and obviously it does. I'm wondering if the phone "prefers" a certain format or not... Looking at the phone manual, I don't see anything in it about playing music either. Useful!

I haven't tried any new music player apps, and I've never used vuplayer before.

Upvote 0
Well I re-did the same CD, ripped it in MP3 format using Windows Media Player, and whadda ya know, ALL songs played perfectly fine. I did this with about 8 other CDs, and no problemo.

Nice.

Now if I can get my phone to stop going to 1.5x whenever I use the web, even though before I ever click the web icon, it shows 3G...

Thanks,

-E

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones