1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Issues since ICS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Trons4u, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Trons4u

Trons4u Lurker

These are what I've noticed so far:
    1. Battery drains faster- used to last 1.5day, now maybe 1
    2. More heat when using apps/browsing- Gets pretty warm when using most apps
    3. Maps reboots phone- Wide spread issue
    4. Facebook keeps logging out and losing sync

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ncampbell21

ncampbell21 Well-Known Member

All can be fixed with a factory reset.

Also with you map problem, just uninstall the updates and this will fix it.

3. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Not completely true. I've performed two factory resets since the update and still have the overheating issue, as do many others. The upcoming update to the update is reported to help the heating problem caused by ICS.

4. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

1. This seems to vary greatly by user and possibly hardware revision, personally I have noted almost the same to increased battery life on both of my Rezounds, although it did take several days of use, initially it seemed to go through battery much quicker. Most people who have tried 4.3.605.2 have noted the improved battery life over the current ICS release.
    2. This seems to be related to hardware revision, early hardware seem to have this issue with the current kernel. People who have tried 4.3.605.2 have noted the heat issue is significantly improved.
    3. Yup, this is an issue with the current official version of 3.14.605.12 and Google Maps, either remove updates and sideload 6.9.2 or switch to Waze.
    4. I have not seen this issue, even once, although I have heard of others with this issue, so I can't really offer any incite into this on.

Indeed, this is not completely true for everyone, but most people who have had issues with the OTA release of ICS who have done a factory reset have improved performance and less issues, but not everyone, so the original recommendation to this was probably correct, it would have been my first recommendation.

Trons4u likes this.
  5. naijaboy

naijaboy Lurker

on my rezound i can no longer put my notification sound on vibrate while leaving my ringtone on high. how can i fix this?

6. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

ICS does not have provisions for this built-in like Gingerbread, but there are lots of apps in the Play Store that will give you this functionality back, you can search the Play Store and will find lots of ICS Volume Control apps, but I would try Volume Control + first.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews