1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Issues upgrading to jelly bean (n7000)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by enmeshme, Aug 4, 2012.

1. enmeshme

enmeshme New Member

Aug 4, 2012
    I have a galaxy note which is running 4.0.3. I tried to install 4.1.1 manually and this is what I did:

Rooted the device. Followed instructions and successfully rooted the device with CWM.zip and superuser zip.

Next, did the following
    Step 1. Download the ROM (preview 3) & Google Apps from the XDA thread.
    Step 2. Boot into CWM recovery and Install the update zip from recovery.
    Step 3. Flash Gapps in the same way.
    Step 4. Do a Wipe data / Factory reset.

After step 4, the device tried to reboot itself. It turned off and while turning on it was struck. I tried it multiple times and no luck.

I tried installing it again and again, but no use. Now, when I go into recovery mode, it is showing version 5.xx and if I try to install the ROM, I get a status 7 error message.

Please help in fixing this. I am ok going back to 4.0.3

Thanks a ton in advance.

Thanks,
    Dave

Advertisement

2. ayongkot

ayongkot Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    venezia, italy
    did you install from samsung stock ics? as far as i understand from xda thread, you have to flash jb from any cm9 or any teamhacksung rom. for me i have to wait until almost stable release is available (i.e., nightly or like) since it's still in alpha release. i suggest you flash a gingerbread rom especially xxlc1 because it has 3 files. this is what i am flashing always after trying cm9 and other custom rom. usually i got bootloop if i flash back to a gb with 1 tar file only hence i recommend xxlc1 or other romm with 3 files (pda, modem and csc).