• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Issues with 3rd party apps and NON-Google contacts?

brykins

Android Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2009
Peterborough, UK
I don't know if anyone else can replicate any of these issues, but I am seeing serious issues with third party apps and contacts that are NOT syncing with Google.

I use HTC Sync to sync my contacts and my calendar to Outlook and I don't sync anything with Google. This means all my calendar is in "PC Sync" calendar on the phone, and all my contacts are classed as "Phone" contacts and not as "Google" contacts.

I have now found that:

(a) BetterCut can't make a shortcut icon to call or text a contact as it says it can't find any contacts.

(b) K-9 Mail won't look up/auto-complete email addresses from contacts stored as "phone" contacts.

I have created Google-type contacts and re-tested both these issues and they work fine with Google contacts. All I can think is that there's something wrong with 2.1 or something wrong with HTC Sense to make this happen. I have emailed HTC about it and they replied that they can't look into it as it's a problem with third party apps. They won't even install the apps and check it themselves.

I have emailed both developers. BetterCut dev really didn't seem bothered, K-9 Mail dev hasn't even replied.

Anyone else seen these issues?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones