1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Issues With Bing in Samsung Internet

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by JamesJoey, Feb 21, 2020.

1. JamesJoey

JamesJoey Well-Known Member

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T510.
    Android version 9

I'm not sure of this is a Bing issue or Samsung Internet issue.
    I've already emailed Samsung but they told me the things I've already tried (Restart the app).
    When I search in Samsung Internet using Bing and select images from the menu I get a list of thumbnail images.
    Ok, fine. When I try to save the image by long pressing on an open image, the context menu doesn't want to pop-up.
    The context menu eventually does come up only after several tries if at all.
    Also, after the image opens Bing seems to have trouble openin the 'Similar images' below the image. I see only the spinning loading icon but similar images doesn't load regardless of how long I wait.

Any help wi;l; be appreciated,
    James

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Well keep in mind when you're viewing that display of images that they're not going to be sourced from the same place. There are going to be literally tens of thousands of different servers across the planet where those images might actually reside so that contextual menu pop up may or may not have the same level of actual access to every single image that's being displayed. Those thumbnails Bing collected are just the representations of the actual images, that's generally what a thumbnail image is, a low-res, miniature representation of the actual, higher-res image itself.

If you have access to a computer, try using Bing to display that exact same search, and see if there's any difference when trying to use a contextual menu that way.

3. JamesJoey

The thumbnails isn't the issue.
    I try to long press on an individual opened image.
    In other words there is only one image on the screen when I try to long press on it.

4. JamesJoey

This seems to be a Samsung Internet issue.
    I tried the same thing using Chrome and other browsers and all works fine: the context menu popped up right away after a long press and it loaded the similar images right away.
    Samsung Internet doesn't load the similar images. It just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning...

5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Then the next question is if the Samsung browser app isn't able to do what you want, why rely upon it when other browsers can?

Dannydet likes this.
  6. JamesJoey

For one thing Samsung Internet has a full dark theme.
    I go blind looking at these white screens.

#6 JamesJoey, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020

Internet

Internet Forum

com.lge.tracfoneChrome

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs