1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Issues with CM7 menus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by krazzed, Jun 7, 2011.

1. krazzed

krazzed Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Hey guys. I rooted my phone earlier today, and flashed my first ROM onto it as well. I was recommended to give CM7 a try as per my brothers experiences. I believe I've done a pretty good job, but something that has bugged me since I put CM7 on my phone. When I press the menu button to get to the Settings, Search, Wallpaper, etc. options, the text is white with a white background. Now If I press a button, I can see which icon is what option, but I don't wanna push each icon to see what each option is. It isnt just on the home screen where it does this. It does it inside different applications, and if there are long lists of options that come up from the menu button, it is very annoying. To help show what I'm trying to describe, I took a screenshot of my phone after using the menu button.

[​IMG]

I've tried searching around to see if there is a way to change the background color or the text color, but I can't find one. So that leads me to believe that this isn't supposed to be like this. If anybody has any ideas to help me, please let me know! Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2010
    Female
    Long Island
    That's definitely haywire. Did you flash from Clockworkmod (best) or ROM Manager (frequently not recommended)? Did you do a full wipe (data, cache, Dalvik) before flashing? (I've heard that recent Clockworkmod versions may need several data wipes; can't hurt anyway). Did you restore any system data with Titanium?

3. viperman2008

viperman2008 Well-Known Member
    None

I've had weird things happen to my ROMs when not wiping cache. I also do a wipe dalvik in advanced to help with the install of a new ROM.

Also, titanium sometimes isn't the best as I've accidentally restored some Sense file with an AOSP and things get buggy.

4. mykd99

mykd99 Member
    None

Dec 8, 2009
    Bravura Live, Owner
    Did you install a theme over CM7? Try switching themes.

5. actofgod

actofgod Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    NY
    what clock is that?