• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues with contact when texting

rct2224

Lurker
Dec 22, 2012
I'm having a pretty odd issue. Hopefully I can explain this clearly.

I have a contact that I text that I used to send texts to from my Gmail account. I had this input in my Gmail as an email address (3215555555@mymetropcs.com). I no longer use this addrss via Gmail but had not removed from my contacts in Gmail. I setup my new phone and synced the contacts. Now when I send a text to this contact directly (321-555-5555) he will get the text and we can text back and fourth without issue but if I back out of the text conversation and go back in this will change from his phone number to the text email address (3215555555@mymetropcs.com) and he will not get any texts I send. I can delete the text thread and start over and this will work again until I back out of the thread and go back in and this again defaults to the email/text address.

I have removed this contact from the phone and Gmail so this is no longer saved anywhere. I have also removed all contacts and the Gmail account and this issue still occurs without the contact saved anywhere. I hope that explains it correctly but if not and someone needs more info please let me know and I will do my best to help explain it more. Below are the specs on my phone. I just changed to Verizon from MetroPcs and never had this issue with Metro. I also haven't seen this issue with any other contacts but this is the only contact that I send to that I had saved this way in my Gmail.

Phone Specs:
Lg Lucid
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
Carrier: Verizon

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones