1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Issues with Contacts (Missing Contacts)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dom07, Feb 5, 2011.

1. dom07

dom07 Lurker

Very weird issue that i've noticed only recently and don't know why phone is doing this.

Phone : Xperia X10, with the 2.1 update.

The problem is that when I add contact through the messaging contact list (Go to messaging, and then start new message, and you go through your list or add a new contact) and everything is fine, you can text that contact, and their name will appear when you text them and what not.

The issue begins when you try to find that contact in your phone book. They don't appear there at all. I've seen a few forums where the solution is you have to change their number from "other" to "mobile" but thats not the case, as all the numbers, especially in the messaging contacts, are under mobile numbers.

The only way I have figured out to get them into the phonebook, is you have to RE-ADD the contact into the phone book, and delete the one in the messaging contact list as to not have duplicates of that contact. Once in phonebook, the contact appears on both lists.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    -Dom

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hey,

Have you tried to go to Phonebook and then tap on the icon in the top left corner with the three silhouettes on it? This will let you choose which contacts to display. Check these settings and let me know. :)

-Markus
    Sony Ericsson

3. nirmalqmar

nirmalqmar Lurker

I think i know what you are referring to. happened with me too. When you save a contact make sure you save it to the phone memory. coz mostly when you search for contacts it will look in phone memory only. If your contacts got stored in sim, you would be able to find the name while texting but not when searching for the person. Check for this..

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews