• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Issues with contacts, phonebook

tlutzy

Lurker
Jun 4, 2011
Boston
I just got my Droid X 2 yesterday and I could use help with two things:

1. My work IT guy loaded my Outlook email and contacts. I then loaded my gmail address book. But now I only see the gmail address book. I can't figure out how to "see" the Outlook contacts.

2. My phone connects to my car via Bluetooth just fine but the phonebook won't load.

Would truly appreciate any ideas from folks out there who are smarter than I about these things (which would be just about anyone)! Thanks!

I just got my Droid X 2 yesterday and I could use help with two things:

1. My work IT guy loaded my Outlook email and contacts. I then loaded my gmail address book. But now I only see the gmail address book. I can't figure out how to "see" the Outlook contacts.

2. My phone connects to my car via Bluetooth just fine but the phonebook won't load.

Would truly appreciate any ideas from folks out there who are smarter than I about these things (which would be just about anyone)! Thanks!

Try going to contacts > menu button > accounts. Make sure the outlook account is showing up properly.

Upvote 0
How do you change ringtones in contacts for the Driod X2? I can get to the options Ccontact' ringtones, and make a change (by picking any of those listed), but they do stick. The only thing I can do is change to default ringtone for all incoming calls, no matter what I put on any of the Contacts. I changed several of them, had those folks call me and it still plays the default ringtone assigned to all incoming calls. Help please, very frustrating.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones